Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Adoption


We think we should start at the beginning. I was born just over 8 years ago in Las Vegas Nevada. My birth parents Derek and Lisa were totally surprised by my EB. They came to the decision that they could not give me the care that I needed and deserved so they allowed me to be adopted by my parents Brad and KaDee.

I call Brad and KaDee dad and mom. They are the perfect parents for me. My Dad is so much fun and works so hard so that I can have insurance and so that my mom can stay home with me every day. My mom is strong and smart and knows how to take the best care of me. She is like a pretend doctor.

By being adopted I got to have tons of family members who love me and support me. I have aunts and uncles who only want the best for me. I have grandmas and grandpas who love me and pray for me daily. Best of all I have TONS of cousins! Lots of my cousins live close, I even have one cousin in my school class. I am surrounded by a huge family all of the time. I can feel their prayers for me.

My sister is adopted too, she is my best friend. I even know her birth family and I call her grandma and grandpa my grandma and grandpa. They let me swim their pool, because I can't swim in a public pool because of my EB.

I know that Derek and Lisa were an important part of Gods plan for me, but I am so thankful that because of EB I get to live the life I have in Utah with my family.

6 comments:

Dennise Joseph said...

Dear Zach,
I haven't seen you since you were much younger. You have grown up so much! I love this blog. I really enjoy your story and admire you for being so open and honest about your EB. My nephew will be 7 in December and has RDEB also. Like you, he enjoys life and plays and swims and has many friends. He too has a large extended family that loves and supports him.
I look forward to checking in each day to see how you are.
Give your mom and dad hugs for me. I adore them both. You are so lucky to have such a sweet sister!!
Lots of love to you,
Dennise Joseph

Anonymous said...

zach,,,,,,we just adore you...I hope my son casey (rdeb) grows into the same great boy you are..
beth
johnbeth91@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Zack! What a great blog buddy! I am so excited to follow all of your adventures of daily, weekly, or monthly life on this blog. Give your little sister a big hug from me, and say hello to your wonderful mama! :)

Stephanie (counselor from camp)

Unknown said...

ZACH! Your post was awesome. Don't forget about all your "cousins" from Camp Wonder and the one in Chicago, Stephen~! He has such a great time with you at camp :) You are right, God has a plan for all of us and you are exactly where you are suppose to be, your mom and dad are very blessed!

Liz Schwartz
mom to Stephen 8 and Geoffrey 4 (both RDEB)

Linda said...

Hi Zach: I am new to your blog and just wanted to tell you I think you are very special, but I think all EB children are so special. God's special children.
I will be checking in to see how you are doing.
You are so blessed to have a wonderful family, but you already know that, don't you.
I lost my 10 month old granddaughter last year to JEB and I miss her so much. I sure hope we can find a cure for this awful disease.
Take care Zach and I hope you have a great Trick or Treat Day. Love Leah's Nana

Celeste said...

Zacky Doodle, By leaps and bounds your the most awesome person I've ever met!! I know you were hand picked by Heavenly Father to have EB because you are such an inspiration to the world and your so strong and brave. I'm also thankful for Derek and Lisa for helping you come to our family and I think this is right where our Father in Heaven wanted you to be. Our family wouldn't be whole without you!! If everyone tried to be a little more like you, the world would be a better place :) I love you Mr. Captain Underpants ;)

Auntie Celeste